Union Living submits planning for 32-storey Manchester project

George Sell George Sell Uploaded 26 April 2020

LinkedIn

UK: Union Living, the coliving arm of developer Vita Group, has lodged an application for a 390-unit on Water Street in Manchester.

The development will be the first under the brand and will include a gym at basement level and commercial units at the double-height ground floor. The upper floors will feature a mix of residential units ranging from studios to four-bedroom coliving apartments.

More than 80 per cent of the residential offer would be coliving units, with the other 20 per cent set aside for studio apartments.

According to the design and access statement by architect Denton Corker Marshall, “the typical coliving floorplate can be retrofitted to become a standard apartment layout”, without requiring structural alterations.

Vita Group bought the site, situated within the Enterprise City development zone in Manchester city centre, from Allied London last May, after the latter had won consent for two 36-storey towers to be named Nickel and Dime.

The 32-storey co-living tower will occupy the proposed Dime scheme’s footprint, and Vita is also progressing plans for a second residential tower, at 36-storeys high, where Nickel would have been.

Deloitte is planning consultant and Bam has been appointed lead contractor for the project, which is expected to complete in 2022 subject to planning consent.

 

LinkedIn

Be in the know.

Subscribe to our newsletter »
Subscribe

Thank you sponsors